Wednesday, December 4, 2013

As part of my intensive practicum experiences, I am collaborating with Dr. Corey Stocco on a research project that is focused on improving the interview skills of college students. My responsibilities include analyzing and collecting data on participant performance during simulated interviews. We are using Behavior Skills training methods within our sessions. This type of training includes instructing, modeling, practicing performance, and receiving feedback. Sessions can either be in a mock interview style or training session style. During training sessions, participants are given explicit instruction on how to improve specific interview skills while also writing reflections and discussing performance with Dr. Stocco. After only a few training sessions, participants are providing answers that make me want to hire them! It is very fulfilling to be a part of a project that not only helps me improve on my professional skills (e.g., data collection, graphing, professional collaboration, etc.) but also helps our participants with their professional goals. This is why I love ABA; behavior analysts help clients improve on skills that have a meaningful impact on their clients’ lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment