Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My future professional goals not only include teaching, but coaching softball as well. I am presently working in conjunction with Dr. Corey Stocco to develop a behavioral coaching project.  The project will test the effects of Teaching with Acoustical Guidance (TAG) on pitching mechanics. This project is personally relevant to me and is developing not only my skills as Behavior Analyst (writing projects proposals, conducting background research, developing treatment procedures, etc.) but also as a coach. If the project yields significant improvement in pitching mechanics, I will have an invaluable tool in my coaching arsenal to bring about effective change in my players.

            The research on TAG and behavioral coaching are both still emerging. This means that this project could not only be relevant to me and my life, but has the potential to help shape the knowledge of both of these topics throughout the field. Talk about meaningful experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment